Header Ads

This Incredible Dog Lost His Life To Help His Favorite Little Human Survive A Fire

This Incredible Dog Lost His Life To Help His Favorite Little Human Survive A Fire



On August 14, 2016, the power went out when lightning struck the transformer behind 29-year-old Erika Poremski's home in Baltimore, Maryland


She didn't have any spotlights available, so she lit a flame in the lounge and took out her telephone to call the electrical organization. When she understood it was dead, she went outside to charge it in her auto. That is the point at which she says she had an "irregular feeling" and wanted to pivot. When she did, she saw flares

Panicked, Poremski ran back inside because her then eight-month-old daughter, Viviana, was sleeping upstairs. The candle had fallen, causing her couch and carpet to go up in flames



"I ran back out for air then ran back in. I was trying to get upstairs [and] I started instantly burning. My hair started burning off — I grabbed the rail and peeled off all my skin on my hand. [My] face started burning. I was trying to fight the fire and make it up the stairs," she said



Despite her best efforts, she couldn't reach her daughter. She ran outside, screaming for help



It seemed like the worst would happen to little Viviana, but her dog, Polo, was there with her, covering her left side and taking the brunt of the flames. When emergency responders finally reached them, the brave dog had passed away. "He was my first baby. I miss him so much still," said Poremski




Unfortunately, Viviana suffered burns on 20 percent of her body, had brain swelling, and went into a coma. But had Polo not been there with her, she would have surely died



Doctors believed she wouldn't survive, but she made it through multiple skin graft surgeries, had a tracheostomy to help her breathe, and got a feeding tube. Though it looks like she's now awake, her current condition isn't clear



If you'd like to help Poremski with Viviana's medical costs, you can donate here. Please share this story to honor the heroic dog that saved her daughter's life


يتم التشغيل بواسطة Blogger.